Carrots-Premium Loose - Kg
GST Item? No
|Raw, boiled, mashed or roasted - find out why carrots are such a great addition to your diet.
These are the top 5 reasons why carrots are beneficial:
1) Carrots are a great source of dietary fibre, manganese, magnesium, folate, potassium and phosphorus.
2) Rich in antioxidants, carrots also contain chlorine and sulfur that help the liver rid itself of toxic waste
3) As per the urban legend, carrots aid good eyesight, but also they contain calcium and have properties that may help protect against lung cancer.
4) A study published in the May 1990 issue of the journal "Nutrition Reviews" found that consuming large amounts of fruits and vegetables high in carotenoids -- a major ingredient in carrots and a precursor to vitamin A -- is associated with a lower risk of lung cancer.
5) Carrots are low in calories and therefore an ideal snack for those watching their weight
How to eat carrots
Beta carotene found in carrot is a fat soluble vitamin meaning a small amount of fat is required for it to be absorbed. Do this by adding a drizzle of olive oil to roasted carrots or a dollop of organic butter to carrot mash.
The sweetness of carrots allows the vegetable to be used in some fruit-based dishes. Grated carrots are used in carrot cakes, as well as carrot puddings, and they can also be used with fruits in jam and preserves.
Carrot juice is also widely available as a health drink, or blended with fruits